“We’re thrilled with our fans’ reception of Divided By Night,” said Ken Jordan and Scott Kirkland of The Crystal Method. “We’ve always done our own thing, making music that we love and we know our fans love.”
After their album Legion of Boom was released, Ken Jordan and Scott Kirkland (a.k.a. The Crystal Method) decided to move into their new, state-of-the-art recording studio, called “Crystalwerks”. The time taken to prepare the new studio resulted in the loss of production time on their most recent album, Divided By Night, which is why it has taken so long to come out. They have also taken the time to bring in many guest artists to appear on the album such as:
* “Divided by Night” features additional synths by Jon Brion.
* “Dirty Thirty” features bass by Peter Hook.
* “Drown in the Now” features vocals by Matisyahu.
* “Kling to the Wreckage” features vocals by Justin Warfield and Stefanie King Warfield.
* “Sine Language” features vocals by LMFAO and marxophone by Jon Brion.
* “Come Back Clean” features vocals by Emily Haines and percussion by Samantha Maloney.
* “Slipstream” features vocals by Jason Lytle.
* “Black Rainbows” features vocals by Stefanie King Warfield.
* “Blunts & Robots” features bass by Peter Hook and a sample from the song “Gangsta Rap (Acapella)” by Ill Bill.
* “Falling Hard” features vocals by Meiko.
* “Play for Real” features the band The Heavy’s guitarist Dan Taylor and vocals by Kelvin Swaby, trombone by Dave Hodge, saxophone by Robert Marshall, trumpet by Stewart Cole, and percussion by Samantha Maloney